Rape

Shooting Tom

I was out today shooting over rape. The field I was on is a bit behind the others in the area with only about 50% in flower because of the dry spell. I set up in the corner of the field where the plants are still lowish. Off a flight line but the pigeons are attracted to it. Had the magnet out and a couple of dozen shell deeks. pigeons and jackdaws were coming in to the pattern steadily all day. Ended up with 30 pigeons and 15 jackdaws. Pleased with that, it was a good day. Will be in the same place on monday.

I spent loads of times last year shooting over bald patches in rape fields and did ok. Best if you are on a flight line or near roost trees i found. :good:

yes i agree.....this has been my shooting position for the last 2 weeks, under a flight line and sat inbetween 4 roosting trees 2 either side of me. found it to be better late afternoon right up to about 7 o clock. this is also a rape field all fully blown yellow....but one corner is very short where they have eaten it down. i take 2 floaters out with me and they seem to be doing the job and the farmer is very pleased as he is pig sick of them :lol:

decent bags iv had :good:

Edited by semiautolee