i have 12 shell decoys and 2 floaters how should i set my pattern out

rhodester

just woundering if anybody could help give me a idear on how to set them out ???

With this wind, cut some thin pegs out of the hedge and pin them down! as they will all be floating :lol:

Floaters out around 35 yds and a loose pattern in to the wind at what distance you can kill at

cleanley! Add what you shoot to the pattern :good:

TEH

As all pre rotary pattern,s those are from the Archie Coats book! There is not a great deal you can do with a dozen decoys! Keep it simple! Keep still! and build up your kit!

TEH

These layouts are not copied from the Archie Coats book "Pigeon Shooting", although they may be similar, as it is very difficult to change what is the basic principle of taking the wind into account and producing a killing area, when laying out decoys.

Some of the diagrams do show rotary and floater/bouncer suggested placements.

IMO 12 shell decoys is more than enough for a lot of pigeon shooting setups throughout the year, especially as rotarys and floater/bouncers reduce the need for so many ground decoys.

These layouts are not copied from the Archie Coats book "Pigeon Shooting", although they may be similar, as it is very difficult to change what is the basic principle of taking the wind into account and producing a killing area, when laying out decoys.

Some of the diagrams do show rotary and floater/bouncer suggested placements.

IMO 12 shell decoys is more than enough for a lot of pigeon shooting setups throughout the year, especially as rotarys and floater/bouncers reduce the need for so many ground decoys.

I am sure i put this bit first (As all pre rotary pattern,s) :lol:

I could not see a copy-right in Archies book so you might be let off the hook :no:

And if it was that important, loads of people would have chipped in :yes:

TEH