21g and Lanber

onefulham

Hi, new to this shooting malarkey, got a new Lanber Sporting Deluxe 12 bore, thought could share with my 15 year old son at first, he is as tall as me but let's say not as well built! When held the gun he struggled a bit at first and we were advised to get 21g carts for him, I use 28 and no problem but when he goes with the lighter carts, he notices big difference in kick back, but what we find is that, when he fired the first barrel all ok then nothing with the second, we found he has to fire, put safety on and off then second barrel fires ok, is this because it's a new gun or is it and always will be like it because of the lighter load cartridges?

Thanks for any advice and as said, new to this so need all the help we can get !

it sounds like there isn't enough kick in the carts to reset the trigger for the second barrel.

I suppose he could manually change the barrels over with the selector which would engage the second barrel, but i would suggest that you go up a size to 24g, i use those on my lanber and all is fine

HTH

Greg

edit: get him a lesson and make sure he is holding the gun right, if he is turned into the gun too much, he will hurt his shoulder, it may well be that he just needs to alter his stance

Edited by Greg_D

Take it back to the shop and tell them the score. Dont start faffing about with the barrel selector mid-shot or using heavier carts, it should work properly.

I've seen it on my dads gun, after a few years the sears got a bit rough through wear and needed more recoil to overcome the friction.

Edited by Tonic