First Fox tonight

ellebarto

Had 3 outings before specifically looking for a troublesome fox that has been maiming the new lambs but tonight I popped a bunny early doors from the landy and over a brook and decided it was too tough to retrieve. Later on I returned to the spot and flashed my lamp over it only to find 5 pairs of little eyes mooching around the bunny. About 70 yards out under the lamp one stuck up his head for a good long look and I put a 17 grain HMR round straight into his forehead!

Was too busy faffing around to get another shot off and missed the chance of bagging 2. Strange feeling. I wandered over to check my shot placement and was excited about my first fox kill, pleased with my humane dispatch but couldnt help feeling a little guilty about killing the cub. Would have rather my first have been some wiley old vixen!!

You did well,i had a call from the farmer at 18.45 yesterday says he is looking at the fox (he has sheep lambs etc)i rush up there and 3 hours later nothing. So i shot a few rabbits away from the sheep, i will go back this evening hoping for better luck. Skye.