Illuminated reticle?

6.5shooter

I have been considering a new lamping scope and it has been narrowed to a swarovski z6.

The decision now I am facing is should I go for the z6i which has an illuminated reticle or the standard z6?

Doesnt sound much of a decision but at the extra price it really is quite a big decision.

Just wondering if you fellas think its much benifit and if you use youre illuminated reticles much for lamping?

Thoughts appreciated

Garry

I really rate IR in a decent Swaro scope.

Also consider a Swarovski PVI2 6-24x50 here http://www.swarovskioptik.com/en/products/rifle-scope_habicht-pv-pvi-2_6-24x50

I use it just for lamping, and the simple illuminated red dot is great for foxing - I find myself just placing the dot and pulling the trigger!

The Swarovski blurb suggest's that this scope was designed for Fox shooting, and I can't argue as I find it superb.

Edited by garyb

I have 2 scopes with IR.

FINE reticules in dim light may benefit from some illumination, but if you have decent illumination, even with a fine reticle, they are not required.

As with all things some people like them and others don't, I have never found a need, because if it gets dark I turn the lamp on!

ATB!

for fox shooting then probably not so useful

Beg to differ, slightly...

On modern fine reticule varmint scopes, an IR is a god send for longer range shooting / foxing.. I struggle to pick a normal reticule out behind the lamp at beyond 150yards

IR also makes for very quick target acquisition when their just about to "do one" and you need to get a shot away as quickly as possible.

Edited by garyb