Help Please - Affordable NV

HW100TMXMAN

Hi All

In a quandary so thought i would put it to the floor and see what useful tips come back.

After a great few weeks lamping with deben atom and custom off road mountain bike lamp (very very bright) mounted on my bipod leg. i met up with a couple of guys using NV, after seeing the ease of use I think it's time for the investment.

The problem is, what and how much...have been looking around and i think a second hand gen 2 is within the budget or new gen1!!!

It will be used weekly for ranges upto 50yds open and woodland. Rabbits mostly. Mounted on HW100k...

Any help, tips or offers will be greatly welcomed.

All the best and happy hunting..

B

Edited by HW100TMXMAN

I'm currently selling a Cobra Merlin Gen 1 with eye relief and day scope adaptor. More than you will ever need for 50 yard shooting. I've even got the IR filter for the lamp you are using which I can throw in. A relatively cheap way to give it a go.

Sales pitch over thought, I bought this setup a month ago and just cant get to grips with it. It all works perfectly and Ive sat and watched bunnies without them ever knowing I was there but I struggled to get a scope that worked really well with it and then when I did I found my eye straining looking into the scope. Simply it just didnt suit my style of shooting which on my permission is mainly from within the landrover.

I think its going to suit someone out on foot better. Its in the For Sale area if you want to take a look. A lot of the guys on here using NV use the same setup and can tell you the pros and cons.