Quality English Shotgun for sale.

John Maiden

Due to space being required I reluctantly have to sell my 12 Bore Side by Side by Armstrong and Co. of Newcastle. It is English made at about 1900.

The gun has been re-sleeved so barrels are like new, 30", is choked half and full. The chambering is two and three quarters which make it more versatile than many guns of it's era. The finish is a superb shaped bright action with slim dark wood with horn inset fore-end. The stock style is the elegant "Prince of Wales" style. I have owned this gun for about 5 years and has always performed flawlessly. The condition is fine throughout.

This is a quality gun and looked after should prove to be a fine investment. If your looking for a cheap modern gun with all the "bells and whistles" forget this one.

However, if your looking for class, quality British elegance this might be the one.

I have it priced to sell at £395. I may be contacted on 07836 525330

It is a Boxlock with twin triggers. At a guess, I would say length fom heel to trigger is 15". Sometime, early in its life it was shortened by about an inch and a half. But the owner must have been smart to keep the piece he removed. The original piece has been put back on (professionally, I would say) thie grain lines up and you can hardly see the join.

I will take some pictures when my daughter gets home from holiday with my camera. If anyone in the area wants to view it please call me and I would be only to happy to arrange.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Sounds like a great old gun,sham it has been re-sleeved

I hear what you say about re-sleeving, there again that's reflected in the price as they say. Having said that, re-sleeving is a very skilled process, rarely carried out today because of the cost (£1000 and up).

In effect, technically you have virtually a new set of barrels. Must be better than worn or pitted ones.

Photos sent out to those who asked, sorry for the delay.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry Stumpy1, It sold through PigeonWatch minutes after you PMd me. I can't believe it took so long to sell, it was such a class gun. The buyer is sending me payment straight away. If for any reason the deal doesn't go ahead I will let you know.

• 1 month later...

A quick update, was able to collect the gun from John Maiden today on the way back from a short break on the South Coast with the tribe.

John Maiden, thoroughly nice and most informative chap and what a lovely gun - from back in the days from when we actually made and engineered stuff in this country...

Mungler

Hi Mungler, You've got a quality "Geordie" gun there. You're right, made when we made "proper stuff" and when "Made in England" was something to be proud of all over the world. Great to meet you and hope you enjoy the Armstrong as much as I have over the years. She's never let me down and always keeps up good appearances, however classy the shoot.