confused.com

There are two types of case. Compression Formed which is what Winchesters were and Parallel Tube which is pretty much everything you are likely to find now. The difference is that PT have a seperate plastic basewad inside the case and CF types are one piece inside. CF types generate more pressure and need less powder but are rarely found now. We just use PT cases with PT data now.

001.jpg

thanks for that, in the same book i have it has recipes for remington sts or nitro 27 and gun club plastic shells, are those parallel tubes and can i use the shells i said about before? are there types and makes that will be better over others i.e express over clever?

thanks for that, in the same book i have it has recipes for remington sts or nitro 27 and gun club plastic shells, are those parallel tubes and can i use the shells i said about before? are there types and makes that will be better over others i.e express over clever?

Just get some european data for what you want to load, using PT shells then pick up the ones you find crimp the best. I prefer Hull Pro One's that I find in DTL stand bins.

What are you looking to shoot and what components do you have :hmm:

Guest cookoff013

There are two types of case. Compression Formed which is what Winchesters were and Parallel Tube which is pretty much everything you are likely to find now. The difference is that PT have a seperate plastic basewad inside the case and CF types are one piece inside. CF types generate more pressure and need less powder but are rarely found now. We just use PT cases with PT data now.

001.jpg

+1

sits spot on !

you can get cheap hulls that thin upon first firing. if you hold them up to the light, you can see where the powder burn was.

most european hulls reload once or twice, then chuck.

i want three loads, 32g no4, 36g no4 and 50g bb,s all for wildfowling. i am very limited to components as i live in shetland and there is only one dealer that has any components and he doesn't have much. the recipes i am looking at are from the hodgdon data manual and i was thinking about hodgdon longshot or hs-6 for powder and whatever primers he has i think he will have cci 209m and win 209. the only place i can find the wads that are in the recipes is midway usa. this is all very new to me and i am just getting started any info or help i can get will be gratefully recieved.

You may be better buying in some components from the mainland or elsewhere. Siarm are very good for all but powders and Peter Lawman sells and ships Vectan A1 and A0 at £34 kilo which would cover what you want economically. A0 would probably do them all at a push. Trying to sort a load out from unsuitable components is a grim task, you'd be better to decide what you want and order it in. It's actually really easy :good: