Falcon Air Rifles

Guest topshot_2k

Guest topshot_2k

Hi,

Anyone got a Falcon PCP? What are they like for build/reliability? looking into buying a PCP for around the farm yard/pens. Are they as good as air arms?

I have a Falcon FN19, bought well used in about 2005. It's reliable and accurate, very light too, but a bit small to be comfortable for me. The trigger isn't great, but passable, and it doesn't take a standard silencer without a silly adapter. The barrel is very thin and can be knocked out of zero as it's supported at the front by a clamp.

All in all, a good PCP for its day but outclassed by more modern designs. Still a very useable hunting rifle.

Thanks for the information, :good: Do you mean the stocks a little short? I really like the brocock but they are a bit to compact for me.

i have a brocock enigma, im a pretty big guy and its a dream to hold and shoot, a tad long but otherwise a great solid rifle

I have a Falcon FN19, bought well used in about 2005. It's reliable and accurate, very light too, but a bit small to be comfortable for me. The trigger isn't great, but passable, and it doesn't take a standard silencer without a silly adapter. The barrel is very thin and can be knocked out of zero as it's supported at the front by a clamp.

All in all, a good PCP for its day but outclassed by more modern designs. Still a very useable hunting rifle.

I think the modern ones are more advanced than the FN19 although I have an old one and it's well built, very accurate and reliable. I would class it as a good work-horse as it has no frills but will get the job done without any fuss.

BTW. I would disagree about the size as I'm 6'2" and it fits perfectly, and about the silencer as mine has a standard 1/2" unf thread and I've fitted an HW moderator with no problems - but you are right about the average trigger.

Just bought a second hand Falcon Prairie BM seems a good rifle prefer it to the AirArms S400 that I tried, just shot 11 pigeons around the buildings of the farm next door (only about 30 to go) but have only had it since Thursday spent Friday and Saturday getting used to how it shoots. So far so good. :D

Edited by sodit