Browning Ultra XSH Stock/Action Bolt Head

Markio

As above, what type of head (cross head/slot/hex etc) does the bolt have that holds the stock and action together? I'm sure i can feel some slight movement between the two and want to nip it up. This has happened before.

As i don't have a screwdriver capable of reaching that far into the stock anyway has anyone purchased a suitable T Bar (or other) type that will do the job?

Cheers all.

• 3 weeks later...

It is a 5mm Hex.

I'm still stuffed though as it was tight anyway! Took the stock off, refitted and tighten and i'm sure there's still the same amount of play between metal and wood, albeit hardly noticeable but i'm paranoid about stock damage again. Trip to the gunsmith on Saturday for an experts opinion. :good:

Edited by Markio

It seems to be a captive bolt so i can't see past the bolt head. I haven't attempted to allow the bolt to slide out of the stock.

You theory sounds good though, i hope you're right and it's an easy/cheap fix for someone else to attempt! You see I'm always weary on playing about to much in case some pubic hair type spring or such like pings off never to be seen again, and i have no patience to deal with the resulting cocks ups. :lol: