On second thoughts

fenboy

Well perhaps I was a little hasty posting that there were no pigeon showing on my rape stubble,decided to go have another look later this afternoon and although there were very few on the field there was the odd one and the odd one or two floating about.

So I thought since I had nothing better to do I would give it a crack.

Got set up by about 2pm with the hide bang in the middle of the field,and 15 shells just stuck out on top of the stubble,I dont usually like to use plastic decoys prefering to use dead birds,but as it was a last min decision to go I had no time to thaw some out.

I was most supprised when within a minute of getting in the hide one came straight into the pattern giving me a easy shot and a bird to put on the new turbo flapper for its first test.

The birds came fairly regular after that and they decoyed very well ,the turbo flapper certainly seemed to work as on a couple of occasions I had birds hovering over it.

I shot till 5pm ending up with 34 and 2 lost for a very respectable 44 shots,seems that I am at last starting to get a bit more consistent with the 391 auto.