Pajero 1994 2.8TD

My friends Pajero 1994 2.8TD got stuck and only had the rear right and front left spinning it would not lock the diffs.

I noticed that the front wheel drive lights on the dash were flashing all the time either in or out of 4X4.

I Googled the problem to find I had just fitted a new stereo amongst other things it could be. Seems no problems when checked.

Next we looked at the actuator and found it to be sized solid as it had been stood for 4 years. 4 hours later it was free a took it off to the spot where I got stuck and could no longer get it stuck. Result. Seemed to go in and out of diff lock no problem.

He went to take it for a mot and it was stuck in diff lock(if thats the right term)

Under the 4x4 again and stripped down the actuator and got it really free by hand this time working well only to be met with another problem. There seems to be a bar the operates the switch inside the diff that the actuator pushes on(its not on the vacume end like it says in the manual) could be causing my friends flashing light problem as it was sized too. How do I get to this to free it off as it sits inside the diff itself.

Thanks