fuse

hi all, the fuse on my speed controller for my rotary keeps blowing when i have it below half speed can anyone help cheers

i take it u are using the correct size fuse, and make sure controller is in off position when you connect battery, here is a little check u can do if u can see through the glass of clear fuse.

look at where it is blown if the two ends of wire look as though they have just melted and the two ends can be seen then it may be what they call overload if its blown to bits and no wire can be seen then it may be a dead short circuit, this is just a clue but a tester would be best option.

if it was mine i would be testing to see what current it draws ( as i don't know what these things pull when running)then i would decrease speed of motor and see what it pulls then.

if you are starting from off position then you will go through slow speed first so does it blow then?

are you fitting correct type of fuse there are fast blow ( denoted by letter 'f'. e.g f 2amp) and anti-surge denoted by 't'

fuse may be anti-surge type ( some one on forum may know)as start up current will be higher than full running speed

hope this helps

Edited by djgeoff

Mine used to blow and it was because of fast blow fuses, change to slow blow and increased amp by one and works fine now. As advised you want to get someone with a meter to test thee current draw and make sure the fuses are right, sorry to disagree with other post but I wouldn't add tin foil.