Shakespeare Ugly Stik

tikka tom

after my recent experience with a snapped shakespeare fly rod and their woeful attitude from customer services I would suggest steering clear of anything shakespeare!

Have a look at a seller on the bay called tackle discounts, he was recommended to me on here and a new fly rod arrived very promptly and for £22.50 delivered I am very pleased with it and not too worried about bashing it...the online reviews compare them to Sage and Loomis rods as well!

Anthony

And well they might, but don't be fooled into thinking they are very similar :rolleyes:

And well they might, but don't be fooled into thinking they are very similar :rolleyes:

Tell you what fella, my cheapey ebay number from tackle discounts picks up a long line better than my sage. Hasn't got the finesse but got rakes more power. Cant see how they can justify X hundred quid for them (bought my one second hand so no idea what RRP was). Its bliss on a short line on the top but thats about it. Its the emperor and his new clothes. Nobody will say they're totally over rated. I'd rather have 10 cheapies than one Sage. The old fellas Loomis takes some beating but he paid £500 for it !!!! I wouldn't pay that for something that you can snap like a carrot with one dodgy cast.

I have three Bloke fly rods; #5, #6 & #8 and they are superb. Not only are they well finished and handle like a dream, but they have a lifetime guarantee that costs you nothing except postage. They are around £100 on eBay including a codura tube and if you don't like the rod they will take it back, no questions asked.

Going back to the Ugly Stik; they are nothing like other Shakespeare rods. There is an 10' 25-60g rod that is currently retailing at £42 that would make an ideal salmon spinning rod.