Cracking afternoon

tycoon01

Went out this afternoon with the father in law to our local permission near clitheroe lancashire. The farmer has given us permission to shoot a new field in a seperate area to his land that we normally shoot on so we thought we would give it a looksee as apparently plenty of bunnies there. Then planned to go to usual spot of land and try some decoying.

New field looked fantastic, plenty of rabbits knocking about mid afternoon, shot just the one as the others spotted us having a mooch about, but still one rabbit in the bag is a good start.

Then we headed back to our normal area of land that is situated between a couple of wheat fields, (not been harvested as yet). We usually see a few pigeons about but not in great numbers. But today saw a steady stream of ones and twos coming over. My shooting of late has been pretty poor but today I felt much better about it and took some good birds at difficult angles. Father in law still struggled but also improved. Both of us shot the same bird at one point :lol: ,I fired and thought 'cracking shot that' then he asked 'who did I think hit it?' I had only heard the one shot ring out so we must have fired at the exact same moment. Not fit to crown that one :no: .

Birds kept dropping by all afternoon and we packed up at 7pm with one rabbit and seventeen pigeons. Its usually two or three!!!

Final score five and a half to him and eleven and a half to me.

Not as big as most of the bags on here but our best day ever :good: cracking sport, nice weather and a good result.

Thanks for reading, I'll take the camera next time.

Mick