Which bottle is best.

greeneha

Hi all,

I have a question to ask regarding which bar size is best for my Weirauch HW100. I am looking for a 12ltr + 300 bar bottle to fill my rifle. I currently use a 3ltr 300 bar bottle, but don't seem to get that many fills from it. Would it be advantageous to buy a 300 bar 12 to 15ltr bottle as against a 232 bar 12 to 15ltr bottle? Would I get more fills from the 300 bar bottle. There always seem to be more 232 bar bottles for sale secondhand, but the last thing I want is to keep having to drive over to have the bottle topped up.

Thanks in anticiaption.

Paul (Leicester)

Hi all,

I have a question to ask regarding which bar size is best for my Weirauch HW100. I am looking for a 12ltr + 300 bar bottle to fill my rifle. I currently use a 3ltr 300 bar bottle, but don't seem to get that many fills from it. Would it be advantageous to buy a 300 bar 12 to 15ltr bottle as against a 232 bar 12 to 15ltr bottle? Would I get more fills from the 300 bar bottle. There always seem to be more 232 bar bottles for sale secondhand, but the last thing I want is to keep having to drive over to have the bottle topped up.

Thanks in anticiaption.

Paul (Leicester)

The maths is fairly simple, what you all ways need is top end pressure!

Any 300 bar bottle will give you the top end pressure you need, as the air guns run between 180 to 232 bar.

You only take a small amount out of the fill bottle, but if your gun is close to the fill pressure then it will drop quite quickly.

Using a 300 bar fill tank it takes a lot longer to equalize out.

Say your gun is 207 bar and the tank is 232 well you only have 25 bar of top pressure.

Before you level out. 25x12= 300 lts

If you use a 300 bar bottle the it will be 93x12=1116 lts

Disadvantage is finding a shop to pump 300 bar and the extra cost of that type tank.

TEH

I have loads of both 300 and 232 12's and 15's as I dive a lot, the 300 bar 12 is brilliant for the pcp so would always go for this, 3 ltr is pointless as still too heavy to lug about so get the big 12 ltr and fill up a few times a year. Also get them to put a 'Surface Use Only' sticker on the bottle then you do not have to get the tank surviced as often compared to tanks used in the sea for diving.

Hi all,

Thanks in anticiaption.

Paul (Leicester)

As has already been said 300 bar is the one to go for. Maybe more important is the weight. I assume you will be leaving it in your car or just carry it to the club shoot. You might consider getting a cheap golf buggy to carry it as a 12 lit bottle weighs a ton.