Sportsman Gun Centre

Wharf Rat

Hats off to you lot. After asking your advice on the best underleaver I am going for an HW77. The AA is tempting, and certainly feels good, but I have tried a 77 in .177 and it does outshoot my .177 630... just!

Cheapest place I can find for a new 77 is the above mentioned SGC, but I have read that they are grey imports. Anyone had any probs, or are they OK to deal with/you get a full power UK spec. rifle?

Sportsman Gun Centre IMO provide quality items and excellent customer service.I have been to the Exeter store a few times and everytime I have been welcomed and have enjoyed my visit there.

The HW77 is probably thee best underlever ever made IMO!

The Weihrauch's that SGC sell should have 'Hull Cartridge' stamped on them,to make sure they are the genuine article!!

I don't quite understand the whole grey import malarkey. As I understand it is that Hull Cartridge have bought the licence to import Weihrauch into the UK and hence they have their name on the side. However, the whole idea of the Europe is to make trade from Europe easier, why are 'grey imports' the term used when they are imported privately?

Grey imports are sometimes called parallel imports as they are imported in parralel to the official importers items. My grey import Kawasaki for example is a US spec. bike, so has a right dipping headlight and extra emissions stuff that is required in California. It was cheaper than an official import, but the hassle of stripping of all of the anti-emission tubing and etc puts a lot of people of.

I had read that some grey import rifles were less powerful due to lower limits in some European countries.

Cheers for the tips re: tuning it when it arrives!