Anglia Sporting "learn to pigeon shoot"

Willetts222

hi pal, iv never been to no school/club to learn pigeon shooting so cant anser your question in full but i cant see it been any harm to you if your new to shooting, i think if your around seasond shooters then it will fast track a lot of work for you! but get knocking them doors for farms to shoot coz thats a sure way to learn your trade for free. and remember if ya get stuck you can always post on here! theres always a couple of good lads/lasses who will give ya a few tips n tricks. good luck with your plans and if ya new to it then enjoy!!! its a wonderfull sport.

I haven't been to the "Learn to pigeon shoot" but I have been up a couple of times to Anglia Sporting for pigeon shooting days. The first time we had a very good day on the numbers.

Nice people and nice countryside. They know their stuff.

How much are they charging ?

£150 mate, this includes everything except gun and carts, they even throw in a breakfast and lunch.

Thanks for all youir comments fellas, much appreciated, im defo gonna have a look at them, I see it as, I can read and watch videos to learn but you cant beat the real thing, from then on its watch out pigeons.

Im sure ill still be asking questions from all of you gain though ha ha

I just cannot beleive that people pay £150 a day to learn to shoot pigeon,do you have to pay for birds hit as well :hmm:

Thankfully no, it may be on the high side, but I would like some first hand and practical advice, along with the DVD way of get tips etc. With My job I want to make the most of the days I get to go out, as im away alot. It may not be everybodys way of doing it, but hey ho.

They do alot Framlingham way, One of my friends "Suffolk shooter" now banned from PW has crossed paths with Anglia sporting on a number of times on his permissions.

TBH if you have no land and want to experience pigeon shooting then maybe contact "Crazyfarmer2 on PW he will sell you a days pigeon shooting if he still does it a lot cheaper and with the balance of money you have left buy a DVD on pigeon shooting from the "Fieldsports Britain" channel and with the money left after the DVD go on holiday.

Alan

• 1 month later...

I went on an Anglia Sporting pigeon shooting course before Christmas, and I thought it was worthwhile. We had exactly the wrong sort of weather - absolutely no wind, mist, and very mild - and nobody on the course actually shot anything. However, it was very thorough, and a mixture of theory and practical stuff, including hide building, decoy patterns, etc., and as a bonus, the food (breakfast and lunch) was very good! I recommend it if you've not shot pigeons before or haven't done so for years, and it gives you confidence and a good idea about the kit you need and don't need.

I went on an Anglia Sporting pigeon shooting course before Christmas, and I thought it was worthwhile. We had exactly the wrong sort of weather - absolutely no wind, mist, and very mild - and nobody on the course actually shot anything. However, it was very thorough, and a mixture of theory and practical stuff, including hide building, decoy patterns, etc., and as a bonus, the food (breakfast and lunch) was very good! I recommend it if you've not shot pigeons before or haven't done so for years, and it gives you confidence and a good idea about the kit you need and don't need.

Hello mate,

I was on that same course!!! ha ha. At least one of us had a shot ha ha missied though!!!!