Which direction??

Willetts222

Need some help off you please.

I am fairly new to the pigeon shooting game, so have been reading and watching relevant mags and vids to get tips etc.

Some say that you should have your decoys facing into or in the general direction of the wind, but then I have just watched one of chris greens videos, and to me there is a good wind out there, his floaters are moving well, but his ground decoys are facing in every direction possible.

In your experience what would/ you guys do, does it vary from crop to crop, Im guessing if there is very little wind it does not matter so much, but please help, as im a little confused.com

Thanks

Need some help off you please.

I am fairly new to the pigeon shooting game, so have been reading and watching relevant mags and vids to get tips etc.

Some say that you should have your decoys facing into or in the general direction of the wind, but then I have just watched one of chris greens videos, and to me there is a good wind out there, his floaters are moving well, but his ground decoys are facing in every direction possible.

In your experience what would/ you guys do, does it vary from crop to crop, Im guessing if there is very little wind it does not matter so much, but please help, as im a little confused.com

Thanks

I tend not to worry about which direction to face decoys. Pigeons will turn in all directions whilst searching for food. The general consensus is to face most decoys into the wind, though i don't think it matters too much. I've had days when wind direction has changed and pigeons have decoyed just as well to the pattern facing the 'wrong' way.

Tend to keep mine max side on to the wind, eg if the wind is out of the north max left is due west and max right due east. Dont like to see a regiment of little soldiers all facing the same way

Any bird doesnt like the wind straight up its bum when its on the ground, makes it very hard to take off when they have to turn 180 degrees to take off into the wind and also ruffles feathers the wrong way.

Any flappers or floaters I will put directly into the wind.

Tend to keep mine max side on to the wind, eg if the wind is out of the north max left is due west and max right due east. Dont like to see a regiment of little soldiers all facing the same way

Any bird doesnt like the wind straight up its bum when its on the ground, makes it very hard to take off when they have to turn 180 degrees to take off into the wind and also ruffles feathers the wrong way.

Any flappers or floaters I will put directly into the wind.

Pigeons do not all take off into the wind!

Edited by motty