SVO/WVO/Biodiesel

-Mongrel-

Just wondering who is using it?

What are you using?

Anyone have any specific thoughts regarding a Mk1 Pajero 2.8td and running it on alternative fuels.

Finally thoughts on WMO (waste motor oil), as usual with regard to all of the aforementioned, the internet is full of useful information, much of it contradictory!!!

So first hand experience is what I'd like to hear.

I thought motor oil was illegal ? :s I maybe wrong. And it's starting to get a bit cold for veg. I run mine on a mix in the tank. Only in summer Tho as I have a lucas pump. On the shogun/pajero 2.8 mix it in the tank 50/50 summer use winter just put say a gallon in to every £25 still a 6 quid saving everytime you put a drop in. Have you also taken the egr valve off ?

Edited by dan-250

I thought motor oil was illegal ? :s I maybe wrong. And it's starting to get a bit cold for veg. I run mine on a mix in the tank. Only in summer Tho as I have a lucas pump. On the shogun/pajero 2.8 mix it in the tank 50/50 summer use winter just put say a gallon in to every £25 still a 6 quid saving everytime you put a drop in. Have you also taken the egr valve off ?

I believe WMO may well be illegal, it would appear that some people are using it though, further investigation has caused me to eliminate it from the options. (Apparently it's became illegal as people were using it to disguise red diesel, how naughty!)

I would run this with a flat plate heat exchanger to eliminate the winter running issues, people are reportedly still running 70% veg oil in the winter with a heater.

i used to run both in my hilux 2.4D very lazy engine,

you want to check which fuel pump you have first.

i used to run about 65% SVO and 35% derv, sometimes chuck in some white sprit.

it occasionally took longer to start on the cold days due to the fuel being thick, just had to cycle the glowplugs a few times.

only down sides were the smell...... which i loved lol

as has been said, the first few tanks will drag through crud from your tank so fuel filters ;)

WVO..... is messy, i got some from a kebabby and it was more fat then oil and loads of effort for a couple litres, but it can be free. the filtering kits can be costly though....

change your oil slightly more often also. :good: