thoughts??

Hi all, I posted this in general shooting but re posting here to see if any more thoughts. Thanks

Ok so you join a syndicate which is advertised 80-120 bird days 6 days 9 guns standing.

The first day everything goes well and you end up with 102 see lots of game and everyone happy. The second day you end up with 51 and don't hardly see any game and the average is 2-1

The owner likes to stand behind the line and shoot and a lot of the birds are taken low (so now 10 guns in the line in theory)

Bearing in mind the guns are told to be selective!

Guns in trailer not overly happy, still 4 more shoot days

So say on next shoot you get a max of 50 where do you stand?

I know its a wild animal and I also know the keepers job is to produce the birds bearing in mind all monies have been paid

Thoughts or experiences please

Ok, Its a tricky one

How many of the birds are missed?

If you'ed have shot all the birds put over you what would the bag be then?

Did the owner say from the begining that he would be shooting (ie is it a 10 gun shoot)

Can you stop the owner from shooting

How much are you paying and do YOU think that its worth the money

Ok we pay 230 per day and there is 6 days all money has been paid up front so roughly 1400 say. Nothing was said about owner shooting at all.

Regards the shooting everyone is a fairly good shot and we are only shooting at what is sporting and over us and there are just not the numbers of birds on the ground.

They said they had released 1000 pheasant 400 part 400 duck.

The next shoot is next friday it will be very interesting.

Ok so we pay 1400 for 6 days shooting and we joined the syndicate which said we would average 80/120 bird days.

Birds put down 1200pheasnt 600partridge 400duck

Everyone is a fairly good shot and we are only shooting sporting birds over us. But we are just not seeing the numbers. Excluding the duck drive I have only fired 12shots at game over two days.!

Nothing was mentioned about owner shooting, if something goes through the line low he will take it, so its not there for next time.

The next shoot is week on friday will be interesting.

NUMBERS WRONG IN FIRST REPLY.

On our shoot we put down 600, the 11 guns pay £550, for the 1st 3 shoot days we put a bag limit of 50 birds. Our returns have been so far 54,61 49, and we'er seeing plenty of birds, so either your keeper is'nt doing his job propery or they haven't put down the amount of birds that you said.

do you have enough beaters? are the drives being driven in the best direction? sometimes its just one of those days!! as a beater i have often watched the birds turn in the other direction away from the guns, break out from the line or just not be there if the weather is odd...

are the guns positioned in the best place? so many questions lol i dont envy a gamekeepers job on the day... :yp: just my thoughts from the other side