Need advice about cars...

leeds chimp

55mpg? How? I get 42 average (over last 37k) mate with the auto 37ish may be due to type of driving or the fact both are almost fully laden ????? Or your deluded, ???? Spending thousands extra on maintenance to then sell the car?

Mazda 6 has very good reviews

well you must have a heavy right foot then :good::yes: with my old car I got 53.6 average with 55+ on a run to Leeds and back...

not keen on the mazda...bit to plasticy for me and not that much room

You could get a good audi A3 for that

use to have a A3 before the vectra and would have to be the 5 door as in the 3 door not enough room for my fishing gear...

He might have had the cambelt done at the same time as the inlet manifold because you usually need to remove the high pressure pump to get the manifold off so you may aswell do the belt if price is no option. I wouldnt worry about the dual mass and clutch as there is a single mass conversion now 100% better and alot cheaper.

I would go for the 06 better spec and its been serviced better. Providing the mileage checks out as being genuine. I have an 06 Hilux with 60k, the cam belt wasn't due until 90k but I replaced the belt tensioner and water pump when I got it for peace of mind. Personally I think 5 years or 60k is sufficient for a cam belt. It's a lot cheaper to service regularly than rebuild a broken motor.