young gun

Non-toxic shot  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What non-toxic shot do you use?

• Steel
    • Bismuth
    • ITM
    • Hevi-shot

I thought i'd see what people where using in the way of non-toxic shot at the moment as there seems to be a lot of debate as to which is the best and most effective.

I'm using either bismuth or ITM depending on what gunsmiths i went to to get it at.

I started off with Bismuth and was not impressed at first, found you needed to go up a shot size and even then a lot of shot were splintering. Then I tried ITM and was quite happy with it a close ranges. Last season I tried hevi-shot and now nothing else will do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ft

How much do you pay for hevi-shot?

I payed 80p a throw for the 28g x 5's and was given some 32g x 3's to try. If you look in your copy of the new BASC magazine you will see john forsey's advert and the prices he charges are pretty good.

Ft.

Its a bit dificult to answer to just one option, i have tried them all. I now have settled on heavy shot #2s through my 10bore for geese, or steel for ducks on the marsh. If shooting inland over a flight pond i use steel in my 12bore.