lyavale max game 3"

Don't see why not mate. Not the best cartridge in my opinion mate, had one the other day and the plastic wad went stuck half way down the barrel, due to not enough or no powder (i think), and as it was the first shot taken from the 3 loaded into the gun could have ended nastily ;)

RC 50's are much better, and so are Fiocchi Magnums and Gamebore Mammoth Magnum :good: :good: :good:

Most of mine also have shot's bulging out of the side, makes them quite tight when in the chamber. To be honest if i knew the standards of their cartridge was so bad i would of rathered to paid a little bit more for a better cartridge such as the RC 50's, Fiocchi Magnums, or the Gamebore Mammoth Magnum.

If you'rs are as bad as they sound, as they sound worse than mine, id go back to the shop and exchange them for some others ;)

What are you planning on using them for???

Got them for mr fox, i have used rc40 semi magnums and there a cracking cart, should of got the rc50s

I use lyavale supreme game and i rate them very highly but these are a let down

Yes you should have got a box of RC 50's.

I know, the main reason why i bought some Lyavale Max Game cartridges was only because i got on so well with their Super Game cartridges which are cracking for use on foxes but then the Max Game's just let me down so much and i dought that i'll be buying another box for a wile unless i get them for a bargain price, just wish i bought more RC or Fiocchi's :/ :/ :/

I only pay £13 a box, which is good value for a 3" magnum, but the next time i go down to the RDF which i bought them from, i'll be telling him what i think of the cartridges and as he's a tidy bloke and knows dad well, hopefully he'll give me a box for free ;) ;) ;)

had one the other day and the plastic wad went stuck half way down the barrel, due to not enough or no powder (i think), and as it was the first shot taken from the 3 loaded into the gun could have ended nastily ;)

I had it happen twice from 2 different batches before binning them. When I examined the cartridges you could see loads of powder halfway up the plaswad. Some of the ones I cut open had light powder charges as well and I'm still waiting to hear from the dealer I returned them to.

RC50s are my favourite now.

Edited by Treestalker

I went out and tested them I fired 5 carts. the thirid shot the cart did not chamber fully (dented vrass) performance wise there blooming punchy :lol: I placed a 8" disc target at 45 yards and fired one shot through half choke and I counted 7 hits the rest were evenly spread around the target. It would of certainly been lights out for mr fox. I will be binning the dented rim jobbys as I don't fancy another stoppage :good:

for geese try the RC's or focchi, i promise you wont go back to max games.

Thanks bud :good: I'm definitely going to need a stock up soon anyway so I'll try the RC50s :good: without wishing to steal the thread! Are the fiocchis quite a fast cartridge,(heard that from someone but dunno if there's any truth in it). Which would you pick out of the two anyway,(rc or fiocchi)?

Cheers!

50p a shot isn't too bad :P

I wouldn't think of it like that because as soon as you start noticing how many you've shot, the cost goes up very quickly :lol: :lol: :lol:

The price is'nt too bad considering their a 3" magnum and as their stopping power is fantastic, as i never see even a 40g Semi magnum for less than 40p a shot :good: :good: :good:

Thanks bud :good: I'm definitely going to need a stock up soon anyway so I'll try the RC50s :good: without wishing to steal the thread! Are the fiocchis quite a fast cartridge,(heard that from someone but dunno if there's any truth in it). Which would you pick out of the two anyway,(rc or fiocchi)?

Cheers!

i like the RC's best, cant say why, just had better results, could just be a confidence thing. they are cheaper too, £4.20 for RC's and £6.00 for fiocchis. i dont know about the velocities, i cant say i see any difference and niether do the geese :lol: :lol: :lol:.