Niceshot non toxic shot

Guest cookoff013

Guest cookoff013

nice shot is advertised as available from clay and game. i recieved a leaflet from them in the post.

i think they are moving away from european powders, as they now stock alliant powders. however the do seem to be extremely expensive.

one price that really did stand out £50 / kg GM3. now that is very expensive.

vectan powders are around £20 per lb.

I read about Niceshot in the latest BASC magazine. The author said it has a very similar density to lead?

Has anyone used it yet, or does anyone know how much the actual shot is?

Cheers Rhodri

I read this aswell and would be interested is getting some to try but can't find much info on it.

Guest cookoff013

it aparently is a like for like replacement for lead. is soft.

can be used in lead recipes, but has been known to give 1000-1500psi more than lead.

its a polymer/ tungsten/ tin blend, been specially formulated to be as dense as lead.

now, as for the recipes you`d want to load i`d be very comfortable using A0 and 36g loads. at aproximately 10000psi, then i`d just change the shotsizes to suit whatever game i`d want to shoot. it available in #4 #2 BB, so is for duck, smaller goose, canadas.

i`d also be more comfortable with a full shotcup, like the steel rated ones.

i`d also load in the powders comfortable shotload. so "should" be safe, although i think there will be some niceshot data soon.

I read the BASC magazine article too. Would be interested in trying some niceshot - where abouts is Clay and Game now? I was told the company has relocated after the owner retired.

Cookoff013 - does the leaflet say anything about the price? I bet pretty expensive, but I don't mind paying for it if it's good. Cant get hold of Tungsten for love nor money.

Guest cookoff013

I read the BASC magazine article too. Would be interested in trying some niceshot - where abouts is Clay and Game now? I was told the company has relocated after the owner retired.

Cookoff013 - does the leaflet say anything about the price? I bet pretty expensive, but I don't mind paying for it if it's good. Cant get hold of Tungsten for love nor money.

ring up for the price.

it will be as comparable to impact tungsten matrix.

only good thing about it is can use normal shotgun powders. not these super slow ones.

ring up for the price.

it will be as comparable to impact tungsten matrix.

only good thing about it is can use normal shotgun powders. not these super slow ones.

Its over £50 for a kilo and he does not have any in stock, he is testing the water if folk want to buy it before he inports any.

He may have some late january.