What gun for Wildfowling

silver pigeon 3

I have been fowling with an auto for a couple of seasons now and can honestly say I do not shoot anymore than I did when I shot the foreshore with my O/U. Okay I have shot birds with my third shot but whose to say I would not have needed a third shot if I had stuck with my O/U. The only reason I got one was for lightness, so I could take out both a 12 for duck and my double 8 for the geese at the same time. Then my club went and introduced a one gun only rule before I could put my theory into practise!

thanks for all the opinions guys, i think i will go for an auto and will have a look at the SX3 and the Extrema (funds permitting)

Next question does the Camo finish make a big difference? looking at the SX3 the non camo version is still coated steel not blued so corrosion shouldn't be a problem. Just thinking a non camo version wouldn't look so out of place on the clays, but would it be out of place on the marsh? or does it just not matter either way?

thanks for all the opinions guys, i think i will go for an auto and will have a look at the SX3 and the Extrema (funds permitting)

Next question does the Camo finish make a big difference? looking at the SX3 the non camo version is still coated steel not blued so corrosion shouldn't be a problem. Just thinking a non camo version wouldn't look so out of place on the clays, but would it be out of place on the marsh? or does it just not matter either way?

I've got the Camo finish SX3 and it looks and feels great!

ATB.

Camo or not, makes no difference. Purley personal prefference :good: