Fly Fishing In Forton...

Thefisheroffish

Cleveley mere is a place that is a water you need to go with someone who knows what to do. The first few times I went, nothing. But now I catch everytime. And that gets the manager Roger a little annoyed. I know the water almost as well as the game keeper. :D But I'm happy! I know what they want and how they want it, just give me 1 hour and i'll figure it out. It's something a 14 Yr old can be proud of!

Cleveley mere is a place that is a water you need to go with someone who knows what to do. The first few times I went, nothing. But now I catch everytime. And that gets the manager Roger a little annoyed. I know the water almost as well as the game keeper. :D But I'm happy! I know what they want and how they want it, just give me 1 hour and i'll figure it out. It's something a 14 Yr old can be proud of!

I've always caught there, the fish don't seam the biggest in there though. What tactics do you use most? Dries? Lures?

I tend to use Cats Whisker and Fritz, then go to a team of nymphs or a combination of nymph and Dry, Or you can go straight to the dries if they're rising. Depends on the weather and season. But daddies in the evening is killer. :good:

This is my daily plan

:yes:

I've always caught there, the fish don't seam the biggest in there though. What tactics do you use most? Dries? Lures?

And I've seen a large brown(10+lbs) there so... Be ready

Fished barnsfold a good few times always catch on klinckhammers and buzzers fished very deep this time of year. And canis and daddies when warm and for 19 quid you get half day 3 fish.

Another good one not to far from you near the river loon called bank house the owners also own stocks and has some very big fish in there. Also a good 1 is a bit of a drive but worth it is dainsbridge near congleton.

If you pop onto fly fishing forums a group of loons called the Lancsy Lads (usually have a thread going under general fly fishing) go to BF quite a bit. They even drag none drivers along to stocks and the like for a days blanking.

Not a club or anything just a group of blokes, some of whome have met each other once or twice, that go to the same venue now and then. Lots of banter on the site then too buisy fishing to talk on the meet days. Like I say loons the lot of them.

• 2 weeks later...