Left + Right

Wildfowler12

Spent the morning on the marsh, hoping to get some Canada's. I put a nice spread out (about 30 rags) and waited for flight. Unfortunately they all flew well wide of me, a good 500m to the left. So I packed up and worked the dog through a couple of gutters on the way off. The 1st gutter I came to had about 10 teal in it which flushed in 2 packs, the first went high and right and the second lot went left of me, close enough for a shot.

2 shots for 2 nice drake teal, my very first left + right at ducks (although I was using the pump, so not a l+r in the traditional sense). Didnt see anything else but it was a good start to the new year, here's hoping it will continue for a few more weeks :good:

a9f142a0.jpg

Edited by Wildfowler12

Hi - have some Teal in the freezer - can you pm the full recipe or post it on the recipefood forum.

Thanks a million

I didn't follow a recipe I just kind of made it up. I plucked and gutted the full bird, then singed off the last bits of down with a blowtorch (this bit isn't a necessity), then I seasoned with abit of salt and black pepper, squeezed a lemon over it, grated the lemon rind and put that on top. Cooked for about 20mins then drizzled some honey over, back in for another 15mins. Bon appetit :good: (it's also good without the honey)