Sheps today

ayano3

Just want to say it was a pleasure to meet Harrycat and Oxfordfowler today at Sheps. I met Harrycat at 5:30am in the car park and discovered Oxford was there too. He had already gone on the 'Andersons Run' The aim of the trip was to shoot but also to show Harrycat some of the safer places to go when alone or with his friend. We see plenty of Brent but the Widgeon & Mallard all come back too high. At least we got under the mallard but unfortunately didnt get any shooting. There was no pinks to be seen. I better not forget Harrycats dog, a lovely little terrier named of all things Ping Pong !!! Certainly a character!

On the way back we see Oxfordfowler (and his Labradoodle) on his trip back so we walked off together. Harrycat made his way home but I invited Oxford to do a few pigeons after dinner. We arrived to find lots of Woodies on the Brussel Sprout tops. It was a nice wind in the right direction so I was hopeful of a few birds. Unfortunately we didnt get the bag I expected but we did manage to bag 16 between us. The shooting was hard but exciting but the pigeons didnt really want to commit to the trees and preffered to sneak in on us or stay on the wing just out of range. It was good sport but had it not been quite as windy the bag would have been far more. The belt of trees we shot were more sitty trees than a roost but we still had a good afternoon.

Just want to say again it was a pleasure to have shot with you both, I hope you had a safe trip home and want to meet up again in the future to bag a few.

Note to Oxford. You were welcome to the cartridges but you owe me a pocket full of dog biscuits :lol:

To be honest mate the pleasure was all mine, I thoroughly enjoyed myself and am very grateful for the advice you gave me about wildfowling, you are a good chap and it was a pleasure to meet you :thanks::thanks:

Do you recognise anyone of the rogues in these photos?????

post-16219-0-83920800-1325966601.jpg

post-16219-0-16904200-1325966656.jpg

Sorry mate I should have told you about Oxford eating all the dog biscuits, its a habit he has had for a while :lol::lol:

I hope to see you again on the marsh soon :good::good:

Edited by harrycatcat1