help needed

ey-up

i'm new to this forum, and would like some information from you "old hands".

i'm looking to buy my first gun and i would like some advice on what i should be looking for. I will mainly be shooting Pigeons pheasant partridge. As i work on a farm and the farmer has given me permission to shoot over his land  :angry:

thanks for any advice you see fit to give me

oh and i say sorry now for all the "stupid" questions i will no doubt have to ask in the future.

cheers      Yorkshire pudding

Thank's gents.

William i am going to my local gunshop at the weekend if we have not started to harvesting.I figured i would ask advice from the "board" as the guy in the shop although undoubtedly will be very helpful, he is still a "salesman" who has to earn a crust.

Thank's once again and i'll let you know how i get on.

Pudding, if I got the wrong impression, then please accept my apologies, those who know me other than through the pages of cyberspace know that I'm a suspicious type for reasons best left unexplained.

I now don't doubt your sincerity,and therefore will help in any way I can.

It would appear that I read into your post an 'anti' message that was'nt there, but once bitten, twice shy, it seemed to me anyone involved in the agriculture industry would have a working knowledge of guns and shooting...........we live and learn.

I hope that my posting openly, rather than thru' a PM will evidence no ill will on my part,

Regards, Deako.