Galloway Roe Doe

ab1964

Me wife offered a kitchen pass for a few days stalking in Scotland and off I went. First day out - in the afternoon - A Roe Doe was culled.

From sun-up, for three hours, a high seat saw me bum and nothing else. By ten I climbed down and started up a logging road, across a high tree line (forest on my right, heather and rock on my left). Walked slow and glassed a lot with nothing of interest moving but me. Started to come down the hill with the wood still on my right and now sheep pasture on the left, but now - I was not able to hug the woodland as it was too boggy. Moved about 50 yards left into the high pasture as the ground was firmer, but now I had no cover. Slowly I walked down glassing the woods edge. About three hundred yards from the valley bottom and road, there were three roe does feeding right on the edge of the wood below me, about 40 to 50 yards away. Started to open my shooting sticks, was spotted and two does bolted into the wood. The third starred at for what turned out too long for her. Dropped my sticks, shouldered my tikka T3 and took aim, first looking at the head making sure of no antlers, none - moved the hairs to her chest and fired. She kicked like a mule, ran three meters and dropped.

Here she is!

post-21371-0-78200900-1326840279.jpg

Edited by ab1964