hornady v max 110 grain

tried 47 grains of 4895 and man did it shoot flat could not beleive the difference to a 150 grain i think this will be my new pet load i tried putting 49 grains in but was up to the brim is it safe to load this ive not loaded compressed loads before??

tried 47 grains of 4895 and man did it shoot flat could not beleive the difference to a 150 grain i think this will be my new pet load i tried putting 49 grains in but was up to the brim is it safe to load this ive not loaded compressed loads before??

I drop 50grn slow through a funnel and it is usually about 1/16" down from the top.

Don't worry about compressing it, the pressure is nothing compared tot he pressure it will make when it shoots!

I recon it beats 243 on 100 grners myself!

Good luck.

U.

Saami just quote maximum round length. Your own round length would depend on your rifles throat length and the 'jump tolerance' of the bullet.

e.g. S2155's, sierra 155gr .308's are very jump tolerant to to the bullets ogive, unlike the new Palma S2156's 155gr which are slightly longer and not as tolerant of the jump to the lands. They do recommend a 10-12 though jump for these, in my Alpine, this would mean the bullet only just being secure in the case with a round OAl of 2.910" - too long according to saami.

http://www.saami.org/