Deer Stalking - Aberdeenshire??

palmer_mike

Ok, this is a bit of a strange one but hope someone on the forum can help.

Myself and family are possibly moving to aberdeenshire (from Essex) over the next year or so due to her work commitments - and if i'm honest i'm really looking forward to it as i'm big into the outdoors fishing shooting etc etc.

So first question is are there any (not too expensive) stalking outfits i can go with, we'll be based around Alford probably.

Second question is - what do you reckon my chances of finding a reasonable syndicate within an hour and a halfs travel are?

We're going up this september for a spot of fishing (might try and check out the stalking as well though if i get the opportunity.

Hope you can help

Mike

There is plenty of stalking here, but like everywhere it takes a little time to get to know the area and get stalking at the right price. Sloans of Inverurie is a good starting point. The always have tickets on the wall offering stalking - from free through cheap to expensive, This is near to alford and are a friendly bunch. The Alford area has roe and some reds, further west more reds, east of alford it is all roe.I think Alford itself is all tied up stalking wise, but ground is always changing hands and there are a good few syndicates in the area.

I doubt you will get a syndicate sorted before you move to the area, but there are a few set ups, Northeast shooting breaks and a number of goose guides that take folks out after roe in season, i think for about £70 a stalk or there abouts.

Thanks so much for the info on the situation around alford regarding the stalking. We were up staying in the area last summer (fishing) and really enjoyed ourselves. Have heard of sloans but didn't go there during our stay - will pop in this summer (we're back up fishing again).

Good to know there are possibilities for stalking (makes the move even more attractive!!)

• 5 weeks later...