L200 animal

dobbin66

I have an L200 but not an animal so can give a bit of an idea for you.

They are classed as commercial vehicles so tax on a new shape (I think) is £265/year.

The new shapes are less agricultural than the classics but the drive is still a bit truck-like (as you'd expect from a truck).

Comfort is good for a truck. The heated leather seats give a bit of comfort but the dash is more function than style. You have all the bits that you need (air con, sat nav, multi play CD etc)and they all work but there are no additional toys that you would get in a decent spec car.

The extra bhp in the Animal gives a livelier response from the engine but you wont be racing matey in his corsa from the lights.

I'm really pleased with mine. The driving experience is relaxed and it doesnt encourage you to go racing down the country lanes. Reliability wise, I've had the EGR valve fail on mine and thats been the only problem in 13 months of driving so I cant complain.

I have one and use it every day it gose wrong all the time but I love it so just keep spending. What year is it mate as they do go wrong on the 03/04 ish. The animal and warrior come with a super chip as std so make sure it still has it. It is in my opion that it is this chip that helps them blow up so I took mine off and sold it. hope this helps :hmm:

Have a new shape (is it really a "new" shape when it started life in 2006?) and can't fault the vehicle on a day to day basis.

Fuel economy is 30 ish mpg and the Animal chip makes a huge difference to performance.

Older models are renound for poor fuel consumption.

Mine has had its fair share of maintenance requirements too, not sure I'd have another but they are cheap for what you get so I suppose you get what you pay for - far more expensive vehicles are less reliable.