Roost shooting in Rugby

Asa Bear

Looking forward to the Rugby Rotary Club pigeon shoot these next few Saturdays. Anybody else shooting it? :shoot:

yep me start this sat, great fun second time for me, mate ron won it last year.

cya there or around, i be havin me pw badge on jacket, good luck and have fun hope we don't need snow shoes lol

Hi there where abouts in rugby is it ?

hi i might be wrong as mate books it for me, but i believe it has something to do with some chaps at barby, i have heard the name gordon mentioned. i also believe you have to book, which was done about a month ago, well that's when i paid my fee to mate who booked me on it. i think it various locations, luck of the draw which woods etc, that's why booking in is required so they can organize it.

ron has told me some locations are good some are poor or shall i say more awkward.

my own opinion either way i am not bothered its out and about shooting, so i am happy win or loose, pigeon or no pigeon

Edited by djgeoff

Looking forward to the Rugby Rotary Club pigeon shoot these next few Saturdays. Anybody else shooting it? :shoot:

hi mate,

yes im shooting.

got drawn at the wood by blooms on the a45 first.

the same spot i got 2 years ago.

ive got a black ford ranger with yellow lights on and help out in the gun shop rugby most days.

say hi if your about at barby after shoot.

good luck shooting.

lee.

ron, me and other mate were at place ron called tunnel wood, says normally good, but it was pants, we didn't hear much banging in other woods so they were not bounced about, and five mins after starting snow came, we carried on but all we got was cold fingers.

i got one going away but dropped disused rail line and i could not get it, ron got 5-6 i think but he could not be bothered to fetch two from field as we did not intend going back to barby due to impending weather, not sure what other mate got, think it was around four mark.

for those of u that know this location ron and mate said they noticed feeders out at one end which have never been there before and trail through wood seems to have been used a lot, so a lot of movement to attend the feeders would unsettle the pigeon that would normally be there, also a recently shot rabbit was found on top of one of the feeders.

so on the whole it was pants ???

ron, me and other mate were at place ron called tunnel wood, says normally good, but it was pants, we didn't hear much banging in other woods so they were not bounced about, and five mins after starting snow came, we carried on but all we got was cold fingers.

i got one going away but dropped disused rail line and i could not get it, ron got 5-6 i think but he could not be bothered to fetch two from field as we did not intend going back to barby due to impending weather, not sure what other mate got, think it was around four mark.

for those of u that know this location ron and mate said they noticed feeders out at one end which have never been there before and trail through wood seems to have been used a lot, so a lot of movement to attend the feeders would unsettle the pigeon that would normally be there, also a recently shot rabbit was found on top of one of the feeders.

so on the whole it was pants ???

Were you at Tunnel Spinney? I'm there next week. :hmm:

We were at Tultips farm. There were a few in the trees when we arrived but they soon ****** off when we started banging! A couple of deer ran through the woods as we were setting up. They were only a few feet away we must have startled them. They startled us anyway! :lol:

My mate Lol won on the day I think with 9. I managed 3. I was happy with that for my first attempt at roost shooting. I enjoyed it even with the snow coming in near enough as soon as we began.

See you next week. :shoot:

hi mate,

yes im shooting.

got drawn at the wood by blooms on the a45 first.

the same spot i got 2 years ago.

ive got a black ford ranger with yellow lights on and help out in the gun shop rugby most days.

say hi if your about at barby after shoot.

good luck shooting.

lee.

There's more of us PWers about than you realise! I was in the Merc Vito my mate drives a White Astra van. We were at Tultips farm. Didn't do great but we got 7 pigeon between us.

Nice pint of Bass at Barby club afterwards. :beer:

Edited by Logo

It's all over Rugby mate. As has been previously said you need to book beforehand. I'll put a reminder up next year. If I remember :hmm:

would you happen to have contact with gordon, so we can find where we are next week, as our driver did't want to drive to back to barby.

if you have a personal contact number please pm me with it.

it would be regarding shooters Ron,Gary & geoff.

cheers

Were you at Tunnel Spinney? I'm there next week. :hmm:

We were at Tultips farm. There were a few in the trees when we arrived but they soon ****** off when we started banging! A couple of deer ran through the woods as we were setting up. They were only a few feet away we must have startled them. They startled us anyway! :lol:

My mate Lol won on the day I think with 9. I managed 3. I was happy with that for my first attempt at roost shooting. I enjoyed it even with the snow coming in near enough as soon as we began.

See you next week. :shoot:

yep that's it, sorry i called it wood lol

well my shooting is scuppered for a while :sad1: Ive come down with some nasty infection, head feels likes it exploding, tired full of cold etc feel c..., spent last 12 hrs in a&e with chest pain, as i have heart problem they gave me check found something that would require me to be observed, that panned out ok they said i have some sort of infection, don't know what it is for two days but we will send u home stay in warm antibiotics and pain killers

so u chaps have a good time i am well miffed,i have been looking forward to this,but there's always next year.

happy shootin all

3,1&2 for a grand total of 6!

A little embarrassing when the next gun empties a bag of 17 for one day :hmm:

Still at least I didn't dry bag like grbeduff did on two occasions. ;)

Mind you he managed a squiggle and a crow yesterday. Shame he couldn't weigh em in. :lol:

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h449/Logo228/42a6039b.jpg

Edited by Logo

3,1&2 for a grand total of 6!

A little embarrassing when the next gun empties a bag of 17 for one day :hmm:

Still at least I didn't dry bag like grbeduff did on two occasions. ;)

Mind you he managed a squiggle and a crow yesterday. Shame he couldn't weigh em in. :lol:

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h449/Logo228/42a6039b.jpg

i was well enough to go for the last one, ron gary and myself were at corston wood (think that was the name) i managed 7 two i could not retrieve, gary was 12 and ron was 23 ish if i recall, they were dam high and fast but hey good practice.

stayed back at barby for bevy etc, mate ron won again!

when we got back to ron house i had to laugh, rons mrs said you aint brought that cup back again have you.

next year hopefully i will have better luck and not fall ill.

cya next year chaps