A fun day at the farm...

Norrie

Hiya, this morning early, met up with Gav at one of the farms....the sheep are heavy with lambs and ready to drop very soon., So, was asked to deal with any foxes...I've already done a few nights after them,with varying degrees of success... and thought a wee change in my timetable was needed...:) Was at the farm at half six......and met with Gav at about the same time..:) Did a walk round,squeeked, and lamped a few areas, nothing seen...it was half light by the time we got to the back of the farm, must be about a mile at least...so, had a wee wait for an early Roe...again, nothing....:)

Now, Gav has treated himself to a nice L200, in a nice shiny Black...:)a bit of a change in driving machines... and we thought a wee bit off road driving was in order as I have permission to drive over the ( now) 3 or 4 miles of dirt track round the farm, some parts are very mucky, and just passable....we were having a great time, and I was well impressed with the car..it went over some real dodgy ground.....then all of a sudden....down we went on one side......... Even the diff locks wouldnt get us out....so, another walk back to the farm and collect my old Mitsy,....while I ripped the water out of Gav....it had to be done BTW... the old one towed the L200 out of approx 15 inches of pure mud...no probs...;)

We also had a wee run over the road to the other part of the farm I have permission on ...I've been shooting there about 9 months now, and never had the time to get over there before...I've got some really nice paddocks and woods... :good:

Just a few pics...I told Gav this was going up here, dont think he believed me...

OOPS, before he tells you, I reversed into the L200 early this morning.. imagine leaving it lying there Gav...:)

IMAG0161.jpg

IMAG0162.jpg

IMAG0164.jpg

IMAG0168.jpg

BTW, If the mods feel this should be in the car section, please feel free to move it. I didnt really know which forum to post it on..:)

Edited by Norrie

LOL, It was great fun getting it in there, and even better fun getting it out,,..broke the "shop bought brand new" tow rope, when I did a "snatch" recovery....second time was a doddle tho...:)

I've got one of those little hand Tirfor winches, and I'm dying to try it out., unfortunately wasnt to be today...;)