weihrauch hw35 stock

Leicpigeon1990

The stock on my weihrauch hw35 is looking alittle tired, scratched and dented. I'm just wondering once stripped of old finish and dents sorted out, will it look better with just a linseed finish or shall I add an undetcoat of say walnut varnish to the wood first to darken it alittle, I have heard of people using alkenite root oil to add a red colour but can't find this anywhere. I'm asking this before I get to putting the linseed on. Thanks Chris

• 4 weeks later...

The stock on my weihrauch hw35 is looking alittle tired, scratched and dented. I'm just wondering once stripped of old finish and dents sorted out, will it look better with just a linseed finish or shall I add an undetcoat of say walnut varnish to the wood first to darken it alittle, I have heard of people using alkenite root oil to add a red colour but can't find this anywhere. I'm asking this before I get to putting the linseed on. Thanks Chris

I`v just done mine sanded then wet with a rag then resand and finished with cassy Tru oil just that.

You can get Alkanet oil from avalon guns mail order...