Nissan Pathfinder

Troosers Too

I tried the search function but didn't get too much information, so here goes...

I've been sniffing around for a reasonably cheap but practical bus. My heart says a defender but practical...it isn't. Also I'm not excited by the idea of having to work on it every other week.

I've been seeing a lot of ads on Autotrader for Nissan Pathfinders at fairly sensible money with around 80k to 100k miles on the clock, however I'm also aware that Nissan have had all kinds of problems with the Navaras. Is there a particularly expensive service around the 80,000mile mark?

Any of you boys with experience or knowlege of the Nissans?

By the way it would get used for hauling the dogs, hauling guns on syndicate days, mostly local driving with the occasional haul up to Scotland. Basically it would get trashed while my wife gets the good car.

Thanks for any information you can give.

Cheers

TT

Had one for 3 yrs and in that time I have done close on 45,000 miles. Servicing is every 18k mile/2yrs, but I have got it done annually or every 12 months.

Only 2 services minor and major. Lsst service I had was major and that cost £199 at a nissan dealer.

Full set of disks and pads at nissan was £750, but at a reliable independant I got it done for £350.

Only none service item other than the brakes has been a set of General Grabber AT2's and a fuel filter outside of service as it was hesitating.

Things to watch for:

Rust on the rear tailgate either side of the number plate holder due to it touching/rubbing on the bodywork.

Major AC issue is the AC pipes that feed the rear AC vents next to the drivers side rear wheel corroding. £1200 quid fix at Nissan as it is a 1 piece pipe from under the engine bay to the rear of the vehicle.

Engine/Clutch/Transmission is different to the Navaras that had issues so I have been told.

Pre March 2006 vehicles are £265 road tax, with Post March 2006 at the highest rate £455?

MPG on the earlier ones is good. Mine is 05 plate and I have seen 38mpg on a long steady run, with general knocking about at about 33. Newer vehicles not so economical.

Off road is good with the right tyres, but very heavy and even with the AT2's I have been stuck in mud a few timesas it gets bogged down, although it was awsome in last years snow.

I'm well pleased with mine, and use it as you describe - transporting dog/syndicate days/lamping/towing a trailer/carrying fire wood - the booat is massive, more so with the seats down.

cheers

Stu

We used to have them at work 5-6 years ago, developed an engine management fault at 150k Nissan wouldn't sort it so they got binned.

Found them under powered compared to Disco, Shogun and landcruisers. All rev's and no action (auto box).

Spoke to a mate who had bought one and he was playing hell about the astronomical prices for routine service parts.

Personally I'd leave well alone.

We used to have them at work 5-6 years ago, developed an engine management fault at 150k Nissan wouldn't sort it so they got binned.

Found them under powered compared to Disco, Shogun and landcruisers. All rev's and no action (auto box).

Spoke to a mate who had bought one and he was playing hell about the astronomical prices for routine service parts.

Personally I'd leave well alone.

I dont think they faired too well on the ergonomics test either I hear :hmm:

That north east hemesphere must have worn them :P .... :P ha :P:rolleyes: :yp:

ps.

Pheasant Feeder : anyone organized an inter-shoot yet per chance ?? pm me budd :good:

Edited by mrwabbits