Vectan powder 32grams of lead shot

Hi all

I got this load from the Nobel sport site I am going to load the 12g 70mm load with cx2000 primer

It states 1.58 for powder can one of you gentlemen please tell me what 1.58 converts to in grains I believe it's 24.3 grains but would like confermation

Thanks Donkey

Loading*:

Type of loading: leadshot leadshot leadshot leadshot leadshot

Gauge/Shotshell: 12/70 12/70 16/70 16/70 20/70

Primer: CX 2000 M 686 M 686 CX 1000 M 686

Shot load: 32 g 32 g 32 g 32 g 28 g

Powder load g.: 1,58. 1,65 1,35 1,35 1,25

Av velocity at 2,5 m:392 m/s 398 m/s 360 m/s 365 m/s 365 m/s

Av pressure: 600 bars 640 bars 700 bars 680 bars 750 bars

What weight of lead and what wad are you going to use?

Nobelsport seem to state maximums but I have had good success with 23.5grains of A1 over a B&P Z24 wad with 32 grams of shot in a 70mm 12g case. I wouldn't want to increase this amount of powder myself and there would be no need to because it's a cracking round. 23.5 grains = 1.53grams roughly, google is good for converting gn to g.

For lighter shot loads get Vectan AS and save some money.

Always verify recipes :good:

For lighter shot loads get Vectan AS and save some money.

Always verify recipes :good:

+2

To convert GRAMS to grains MULTIPLY the gram weight by 15.432 OR DIVIDE the gram weight by 0.0648

Note: 0.0648 is the reciprocal of 15.432 and vice versa. (For those who are not mathematically minded, there is no such thing as 'division!)

Yes

Useful little program called Convert gives

1.58grm = 24.38319 grains

so for normal use I would call it 24.4 but I guess it is safer to go under when reloading.

Convert is available free from

http://joshmadison.com/convert-for-windows/

Sodit :good:

hi just been talking to john morrish at shotgunreloading (really good guy) and he found me a load for pigeons 32gram no.6 with 23 grains of vectan A1 but i would like to know what mec bushing this relates to, there is no chart that i can find cheers

the best way dav3p is to buy a varying charge bar best thing I ever bought for my mec, get a good set of scales and you can fine tune loads to perfection. the bushes can vary from one powder to another you will soon have saved money, I got mine off e-bay for about £20 but they are not a lot of monety new. MEC fitting UNIVERSAL Bars

Charge bar (progressive)get a powder baffle as well perfect load every time.

£47

Stephen Dales at Clay & Game Reloaders

Unit 18

Redcliff Road,

Melton Enterprise Park,

Melton,

Hull.

HU14 3RS

Tel. 01482 631066

Web. www.claygame.co.uk

Edited by topguns

hi just been talking to john morrish at shotgunreloading (really good guy) and he found me a load for pigeons 32gram no.6 with 23 grains of vectan A1 but i would like to know what mec bushing this relates to, there is no chart that i can find cheers

I have a mec chart for vectan powders if you pm me your email addy then I will send you a copy

Regards

Graham

yes I did use AS for 28grams and 24 for clay shooting but at over £200 per 1000 for me to make them it is far cheaper to buy eley olympic traps @ £150 per 1000, bought 3000 the other week for £145 per 1000. unless you can tel me differant? & know of cheaper suplyers of lead shot and powder etc? <_<

thanks for the load for 32 grams with Vecan A1 I will give it a go.