Fright of my life while pigeon shooting

djgeoff

i don't if anyone has had anything like what happened to me the other day while i was decoying pigeon.

there i was popping away at the pigeon that came my way, i had been there for couple of hours along with three other shooters in other local fields.

i bit of i quite spot came, which was quite lucky really because what happened next was quite unreal, there was a lot of disturbance in the opposite hedge line which was about 60 yds from me, branches snapping, lot of noise, then to my utter amazement this chap appears in full day glow lyrca running gear with shades, drinking bottle the lot he came tru with such force with a right sweat on, ended up spinning round on the spot in the middle of my deeks.

i unloaded and put gun down and went to confront him, saying something like " what the bl.....y hell do u think your doing here? you are lucky you have not been shot"

his reply was " well i think i have took a wrong turn, i am out for a jog on the footpath" well mate for your info the footpath is three fields back the way you have come so i suggest to jog back to it.

he said yeh but i have run like sh..t to here there's shooting all over here, um well you are a lucky chap to get this far the pigeon didn't make it though.

so to get the stupid runner back, i used radios the call others and warn of jogger coming thru fields and make sure he gets back

what a ****!

There's a clay ground I shoot at which has to stop every time a jogger comes blundering into the firing line and even more rediculous are the cyclists appearing at 30mph. Admittedly it's a right-of-way but I can't help imagining what would happen if/when somebody doesn't hear the cease-fire through their ear defenders. :huh:

Well last time out decoying, sitting in the hide I hear a thunk in the woods behind me. I have a look and can't see anything so I settle back down and as I am mounting the gun for a pair of pigeons coming in from my left, I hear "alright mate" from a few feet to my right. I unload and find out that this fella has come to find the golf balls he'd been driving at the pigeons in the middle of the field. He'd apparently been driving from a hill overlooking the copse I was shooting from. He complimented how realistic my decoys looked from 200 yards away and I complimented him on his long drive. We both agreed I was lucky not to get hit and he was lucky not to get shot!

Edited by sterling

I stood at the low house today and saw a walker striding up towards the club. He followed the hedge line in the fall out of a sporting trap then cut a across to walk directly at the DTL box. He then walked across the skeet to meet the club secretary and a verbal assault.

Turns out he was the new trap boy. A lot to learn methinks. :lol: