to regulate or not to regulate?

ferreter10

New to pcp air rifles, just got an s410 carbine second hand, recently serviced, and pretty dissappointed with the shot count... are regulators acctually worth it? or is it a waste of mohoney?

(im guessing that apart from consistancy, a regulators main advantage is improved shot count?)

Hit me with you knowledge!

cheers

I've recently upgraded to the S410 Classic and what I've been told its not really necessary just depends on what you're looking for and how much wonga you wanna spend, rarely will you use all your shot count on a hunting trip. What shot count are you getting?

From memory, I'm getting around 60 to 70 from a 160bar fill, my power curve is pretty consistent (800fps) from 160 down to 100, with the sweet spot around 120 - so no need to fill to the max.

Have a look on the AA forum, some helpful chaps on there with far more experience than me.

HI my 400 carbine single shot version of the 410. i fill to 180bar and get 50 shots down to 110 bar all within 15fps not bad for a unreged gun. if hunting i rarely use more than 25 shots.on one trip it only gets annoying when doning targets.but refil is easy with a 3 litre 300 bar bottle only takes 2 mins. a lot easier than my old 12 litre bottle. that was heavy to lug about the range.

would i get better consistancy from a reg maybe i'd loose a few fps variants per fill and gain about 30 shots. to me would i pay the money. i wouldn't. if you can live with shot count and service your 410 yourself keep the hammer slide clean. shot variation should be close to a regged gun.