Nuisance Dog

andy_s

my landlady is an old woman, she has offered to speak to them but I've told her not to. My path is actually poured concrete as opposed to concrete paving slabs but I still don't think I'll be able to bolt into it. I think it'd just crack. I'm going to have to go back to Cranfield's idea of running a wire along the length of the hedge and hanging a chicken fire fence off it. I just need to get some brackets made for the ends at work tomorrow and then get wire and turnbuckles and hopefully it should keep it out. The supersoaker has been happening when we've had chance Gaz, it works very well on the cats aswell.

I put chicken wire in my hedges to stop my dog escaping. I just cable tied it to the branches of the hedge just after it had been trimmed quite brutally. Once the hedge grows back it grows through the wire and you can barely see it and the dog cant get out - or in, in your case. :good:

Zeff, yeah that could be an option actually. One thing I don't want is to cut the hedge back too much as I don't want it so the little ****** kids next door can see through. It might cut down on the risk of the dog still getting through then getting trapped between the hedge and my chicken wire. How long will the hedge take to grow back and cover the chicken wire?

privet grows pretty quick during the summer, I get sick of cutting ours. I took mine back a few more inches than normal last summer and its back to normal now. If your hedge isnt that thick at the bottom, you can even train some of the long sprouts from further up through the wire and thicken it out.

It's quite woody at the bottom and not particularly green. My only concern is that if I cut it back my side it may become quite thin at the bottom and make more holes through for the dog. I'll have a look tomorrow though, it does seem like the easiest option.