Plenty of crows but no cigar

BangBangNik

I went out this morning to try decoying some crows on my first permission. I got there and was set up for about 7 this morning. I got sat down behind the hide and loaded up ready. To my shock a few lambs had gathered around my pattern and were trying to eat my decoys!! I soon shooed them away and got them back on the sticks.

I got back sat down and waited. Within a couple of minutes two crows came straight in, I stood up and got two shots off. Dropped the first one stone dead and missed the second. Could do better but happy no the less.

Over the next two an a half hours I must have had abou 17 crows show an interest in my pattern. I finished the day

With a bag of two, yes you read right........two!

I think I would have struggled to hit the broad side of a barn today, not a happy bunny.

By about half nine everything seemed to have dried up and there didn't seem to be anything flying about in the distance so I packed up. Shortly before I packed up a magpie landed on a branch directly above me, I was literally looking right up its jacksie. I gently slipped the safety of and slowly brought the gun up, but before I could get it anywhere near a firing position it was off. I just couldn't catch a break.

I only hope I do better on the clays tomorrow.

Maybe you chould give that Silver Pigeon to me when you arrive this morning and try using a catapult then Nik! On second thoughts, maybe not, I would still miss more than you!

:lol::lol::lol:

You're not on your own there mate, I think it is because you are so used to shooting clays and the crows really can give you a false impression of the speed that they are flying at - They are often going a bit slower than you think so you tend to give them the same amount of lead that you would a clay! Either that or the other half had taken the lead out of your cartridges! :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Frenchieboy