Charity clay pigeon shoot

pippy96

Hi everyone at haverholme we are holding a charity clay shoot with family attractions, such as air rifles,BBQ and loads more

there will be a "have a go stand"

50 bird sporting and three man flush.

There will be three classes "mens,ladies,and under 16"

There is a money prize for the high gun

Date sunday 29th april 2012

TIME 10 am -2pm

in aid of mamillian and motor neurone disease assoc

please PM me with any questions

cheers

Edited by pippy96

I live about six miles from this shoot and a couple of us were going,until we saw the weather this morning.

It's now 3pm and I reckon we have had at least an inch of rain plus the wind.

Let's hope they arrange another date.

Vic.

Absolutely atrocious weather but a great shoot. Well laid out, very well organised and a great bunch of people who generously gave their time and help for a couple of very worthwhile charities. Testing stands and made all the more difficult by the weather - I really enjoyed the sim pair of blazes on stand 1 (NOT!!)

Turnout greatly affected by the weather unfortunately but shooting isn't an inside sport and no-one can say that they didn't know what the weather was going to be like so everyone should have been equipped and dressed accordingly. I had a personal reason for supporting this shoot and I'm really glad I made the effort to travel to it. Unfortunately the organisers didn't really have the option of cancelling/rearranging I suppose and I'm sure if they could have, they would as a different day with good weather would have made a massive difference to how much they made - but as every outdoor event organiser knows, the one thing you can't control is the weather. So hats off to the people who ran this one and I hope that the sun shines for you next year - because I'll definitely be there. Thanks again.

Had a good time, still got my butt whopped by countryside lass. But then she is a cracking shot. I left before the end but wonder if she got high gun or not ? Agree that first stand was a right dog, I couldn't even see the second as I'd only just hit the first. Hope there was a few quid raised, but such a shame about the weather, so much water, a great setting tho for someone who has never been to a real game shoot. my coat will be drying for days how soaked it is tho. Guns nicely cleaned and oiled again tho. Hope everyone got home ok, was loads of standing water on the roads and actually got out of the shooting area