Warwickshire police

Olliesims

Well just had my home visit from my feo, who was just armed response officer helping out to make processes faster (as my old feo retired), and well what can I say... What a cracking bloke, a real top bloke with the same passion for vermin shooting what I have, put a variation in for a .17 hmr and a .223. (Took only 3 weeks for the home visit) and went through the same routine ask what I'll use it for, when asked about muntjac he recommend I do the dsc1 but told me its not a legal requirement and that I don't have to do it but just to think about it. So I asked about the dreaded mentor restrict ment I see on so many posts to only be told that, in fact a mentor restrict ment is a made up rule and is just something made up to annoy people, so luckily in my case I was granted both my variations with the added bonus of a possible opened cert ( had license nearly 2 years) with out any other rubbish thrown in! It's always a honour to do business with Warwickshire police force and after looking at other posts and seeing how other forces treat other shooters it's a real shame they are not all as great as mine

You may do already but if you get good service from the FEO dept. it's always worth dropping them a line. Like any of us, they like a bit of positive feedback and their bosses can use it to show they are giving a good service. Only takes a minute, and well done if you do it already.

I've only got SGC but I've got nothing but praise for Warwickshire police (licensing dept only) particularly Les Buckler. :good:

He's a top FEO, he lives round the corner from me see him a lot of the time walking his dogs, have you got his number as I've lost all mine

Many thanks