BASC Dog Test - Sunday 10th June

Markio

Anyone doing this? For £10 i might well give it a go.

I've attached (hopefully!) the entry form.

I will be going with Boris think Jack will be going as well, was speaking to Frank who runs this at the garrison last weeekend sounds like it will be good. How is your dog getting on Markio cant wait for dog training nights to start again.

I will be going with Boris think Jack will be going as well, was speaking to Frank who runs this at the garrison last weekend sounds like it will be good. How is your dog getting on Markio cant wait for dog training nights to start again.

I'll be there in the morning in the novice group, i suspect you'll be in the afternoon and Boris won't be trying to dry hump the life out of Willow? :lol:

She's coming on nicely, not done much with her over the winter other than a few real duck retrieves and some pigeons thrown around the garden. Did take her out yesterday and she did well on some blind retrieve. And yes, looking forward to Thursday evening kicking off again, it's coming soon i'm told.

but he is a squeeker so will he be disqualified in a working test

anyone got any advice, I know its more than likely it cant be cured but i would still like the chance to enter in a working test

Don't think squeaking gets you disqualified in a test only in trails, as for advice I'm no expert but you are probably letting your dog get over excited about the retrieve. When training I don't let the dog retrieve everything so its doesn't think it has to. Do you go to any group training I found this helped a lot.

i do occasionaly take him to group sessions - this is the only time he whines -especially when dogs and bangs are around - with me and maybe one other dog he doesnt whine - we have bought a spray collar which may help - the bottom line is I still want to work him on a local shoot and we would like to enter the test in st osyth but dont want to be asked to go home if he squeaks