logun s16

2sledge

morning

i am after a bit of honest info i have been offered a logun s16 mk one complete kit including 15 lt tank with 3 y test left bi pod deben scope lamp ags 3-9 x 44 scope no leaks as it has no lost any air in over a week shoots pellet on pelet at 30 yds

it is in very good condition' not even a scratch on it and only been use on a range for about 1000 shots then the guy took ill and has just got his shot gun license he wants to use it as part payment for a gun i an selling he s valuing it at £400

just after some honest options on the gun

thanks

sledge

morning

i am after a bit of honest info i have been offered a logun s16 mk one complete kit including 15 lt tank with 3 y test left bi pod deben scope lamp ags 3-9 x 44 scope no leaks as it has no lost any air in over a week shoots pellet on pelet at 30 yds

it is in very good condition' not even a scratch on it and only been use on a range for about 1000 shots then the guy took ill and has just got his shot gun license he wants to use it as part payment for a gun i an selling he s valuing it at £400

just after some honest options on the gun

thanks

sledge

Personally id only pay up to £350 but thats only going on what I have seen sold in my local gun smiths. I was there the other day when he part exchanged one and he gave £250 with all the add ons like laser, bipod etc.

Is the 15 lt Air bottle 232 Bar or 300 Bar if its a 300 Bar. ???

The bottles value has got to be around £150. :yes:

So the Rifle is £250 which is a good price for one in very good condition. :good:

Well its not £250 you can knock £70 for the deben lamp and bi-pod. :yes:

And if its doing pellet on pellet at 30 yds there`s now`t wrong with that. :yahoo:

Its looking like a bargain the cheapest i have seen one for was £200 it was sprayed camo **** job :sick: and it needed seals it was loosing air for fun. :sick:

The S16 is a Rifle you either like the look of or don`t its down to you if you fancy the gun its a bargain. :yahoo:

if the seals are okay they are an excellent gun,,if a little on the heavy side .... You will need to discipline your loading of the gun as its easy to double load them,,,I used to walk around my permission with it half cocked as a safety measure

This is a mistake,, you see a rabbit , present the gun , take the shot and then realise you didnt fully cock ,,,you then recock doing it properly ,,,trouble is you now have two up the spout

if your lucky you can shoot off the two pellets into the ground if you remember to drop tha magazine out first

some of the s16 had a very strong spring in the cocking lock ,,this can give you the same problem as above

harrypen

Avoid like the plague, when they're working they're lovely. But they always seem to leak or jam up. Costs the earth to repair and can take ages if sent to Webley. Last time I heard they only had one bloke repairing them who was pretty ill.

They only jam up, when the bolt is not pulled back then pushed all the way forward.

So if your not a complete fool they dont jam.

well i took it in part exchange not sure how old it is but not a mark on it cant believe how good it shoots i/e inch group at 45 yds took it out last night 6 rabbits out to 40 yds all head shots

the guy also gave me a barrel shroud from a s16s which he said fits over the barrel instead of using the silencer cant see how it fits but the guy said he picked it up some time ago and never had it fittered

any advice on this would be most welcome

thanks in advance

sledge

Hi

I've got a Logun S16-S which I picked up for £200 as it was forgotten at the back of a rack in a gun shop, sent it off to the Logunator (Google him) and had it serviced and smoothed, now it's like silk and so damm consistent and quiet that I will never sell it.

All the fuss and rumours about these guns come from people not understanding that if you don't lock the cocking bolt forwards (get a 'click') it won't fire until it's locked. Normal instinct is to recock and try again, and doing that loads another pellet in behind the first. Digging these out can damage a seal in the probe end of the barrel, and you're into air leaks. Damm good gun, but not people proof; if you know about this, it's no problem.

Mine was FAC capable so it has been upgraded to FAC power and put onto my ticket (I'll not explain how that is done, so please don't ask), and now with simple Accupels it is so flat shooting, and so quiet, chucking a pellet at around 780 fps, it surprises people when they see it in use - I have a neoprene barrel cover on to save knocking the shrouded barrel and also break up the shape.

Cheers

Tin Man

EDIT: The Logun S16 has it's own group of followers who run a very useful website for rare parts, servicing, advice, etc. It's at http://www.loguns16.co.uk/

Edited by Tin Man Work