Royal Agricultural College Alumni

Ferret Master

Hello,

For those that aren't already aware, the governors of the College are proposing to change the institutions name to the Royal Agricultural University.

I know there is a good head of alumni on here who have attended the RAC in the past. You may wish to add your name to the official petition against the motion which is already several hundred signatures strong. It can be found HERE.

A news article on the matter is also available here for all those who are interested but may not be directly effected by the proposal. FARMERS WEEKLY ARTICLE

Thanks,

FM :good:

Did the same at HAAC. Awful! It was an Ag College and always will be an Ag college.

EDIT - In fact they went one step further at Harper, they rebranded it as ' Harper Adams University College'

What the flaming chuffing bleeding heck is that meant to be??????

Edited by ack-ack

Did the same at HAAC. Awful! It was an Ag College and always will be an Ag college.

EDIT - In fact they went one step further at Harper, they rebranded it as ' Harper Adams University College'

What the flaming chuffing bleeding heck is that meant to be??????

Normally a University College is one of a group of colleges that make up a university. Think of the Oxford and Cambridge colleges which make up their respective universities. What other colleges does HAU have? My lad has just come down from the RAC so I'll get him and his mates on the case.

Have to wait and see what happens...

Can't say I'm particularly impressed considering I joined the RAC and that's what I want on my degree. I can only invisage RAU hindering and influencing my CV for my entire career through dis-association with RAC alumni. <_<

FM

I'm sure the old school tie won't be changing FM ;)

Hello,

For those that aren't already aware, the governors of the College are proposing to change the institutions name to the Royal Agricultural University.

I know there is a good head of alumni on here who have attended the RAC in the past. You may wish to add your name to the official petition against the motion which is already several hundred signatures strong. It can be found HERE.

A news article on the matter is also available here for all those who are interested but may not be directly effected by the proposal. FARMERS WEEKLY ARTICLE

Thanks,

FM :good:

Come on FM you know thats a load of Rubbish. there arent several hundred students at the college that can remember there own name let alone sign it. :lol:

Personally though I think its a very good idea as "university" will stop it being constantly confused with Cirencester College across the road and the Royal Automobile Club. :yes:

Edited by Fisherman Mike