BRNO zk465 22 hornet

aister

there is a hornet that i am interested in, its a brno zk465. any thoughts or advice on this rifle would be much appreciated :good:

Should be fine check the bore for dammage or corrosion and the bolt face for pitting or burn rings, magazine condition, stock, crown and any threading etc as normal. The barrel making process should ensure it will shoot if all else is good and it suits you :good:

Cracking little rifle! I used mine as walk around varminter, and it performed very well in that role. The action is a scaled down Mauser type, complete with controlled feed- a thing of beauty in its own right.

Sadly mine had a badly pitted bore (the previous owner had a penchant for corrosively primed Eastern Bloc ammo and neglect) and was replaced with a Zastava M85 in .223- it was cheaper than rebarreling the Brno.

If the one you are looking at has a good bore then jump on it- they don't make 'em like this anymore!

I've just acquired one - not had a chance to shoot it yet.

I am a little biased; I collect CZ and Brno.

The ZKW465 is arguably, the best small, light .22Hornet ever made. (I also have a CZ527 in .22H)

If it's in reasonable nick - go for it!

Andy

the owner is sending it up to me next week for a look at with no obligation to buy. he assures me that although the stock might have a few marks the bore is clean. he only wants £250 for it so i will probably buy it if the bore is clean. thanks for your input guys :good: