Shooting Mags

caplock

Don't think he needs to advertise Farmer,Ed has work all over the place and is a busy guy.And the pictures that go in to the mag Ed has no control over or the captions and I should know because I am the photographer ! And before you ask....No I did not write the captions and they where not my pics on that article I have done this months with the drop nets !

Edward Cook is the son of a Game Keeper and started his business from nothing,and his job is to kill rabbits for farmers and landowners,he is not a sport ferreter he is a pest controller.As for the caption in Sporting Gun Edward would not have written the captions.

The article that Teal mentions is where Cook feels he has been unfairly denied access to some ground by a keeper ends thus "In such instances I've often watched a dear old 'basil' stroll passed, well in range, and let him get away....hopefully to eat every gamebird on the place."

After reading that drivel I have never bought SG again, and if I were giving him access to my ground I'd tell him to naff off sharpish with an attitude like that!

Rob

Well said Rob

Scriv I hope you let Edward know the under current of opinions that are being expressed here, better still let the mags editor know, maybe he needs a new proof reader!.

Bloody articles give the impression that Edward and his kind are some sort of paid ***** gang running round the place with long dogs and 10 shot pump action shotguns. Who can blame a landowner or shoot captain for not wanting them tearing round when the game birds are down. Then he has the cheek to bemoan the fact that he's not welcome....... get a grip!!!!

:/ I really dont mean any harm to the guy. For i've never met him. You need to be either very clever or stupid (depends which way you look at it really) Now then this YOUNG LAD :lol: is a bit of a traditionalist in his own words??? So why FAC pneumatic air guns :lol: , Pump action silenced .410 :P . and a .17hmr :P I don't recall the rabbit catchers of days gone by having these sorts of tools!! :/ Yet the young chap has to carry that stupid trench coat on his back everywhere!!! ??? Now if he's got all this land to clear rabbits of. By the law of physics you can't be everywhere at once So why be so sore over not be able to do one small estate. Just speaking on behalf of everyone I know that read the said article and seemed pretty miffed. I've been upset in this way many a time "someone decides to ferret your patch a week before your due there" is one of the favourites. Yes I get racked off but Edward needs to remember who he's preaching to thats all. I would assume Edward receives financial reward for writing in the Mag?? Just like to keep it real. :lol:

All the best Phil

Blimey, maybe it just wasn't me after reading that 'article', that has set me looking for a more informative read.

However Ed Cook aside I think it's time that the mags take a long look at their content and format, especially in this internet age and with forums such as PW.

If I want gun info, cartridge reviews, clothing deals or a new collar for the dog it takes seconds to search online and focus on the info I require.

Primarily what I used to buy the mags for was the regional insights /views and tips and tricks of the game from those more experianced than me.

NOT 80 odd pages of retail adverts, and articles that are blatantly biased for fiscal reward...

anything off the top shelf....... ohhh shooting mags thought you meant shooting over mags :lol:???:/

seriously though - shooting times and shooting sports, occasionally buy sporting gun and sporting shooter but as others have said they sometimes have the same material almost cut and paste jobs.

shooting times is the best in my opinion

Gun Mart is just one big advert :/:lol::lol:

Edward Cook is the son of a Game Keeper and started his business from nothing,and his job is to kill rabbits for farmers and landowners,he is not a sport ferreter he is a pest controller.As for the caption in Sporting Gun Edward would not have written the captions.

The article that Teal mentions is where Cook feels he has been unfairly denied access to some ground by a keeper ends thus "In such instances I've often watched a dear old 'basil' stroll passed, well in range, and let him get away....hopefully to eat every gamebird on the place."

After reading that drivel I have never bought SG again, and if I were giving him access to my ground I'd tell him to naff off sharpish with an attitude like that!

Rob

The thing you all have to rember is that Ed is employed by the Farmer/Farming Companys to clear rabbits and stop crop damage.The shooting is often let out to a syndicate and they are often nothing to do with the farming.On a lot of farms that I deal with there is often friction between Keeper and farm manager over what can be done and when.